VEGAN ROCKET & PEA RISOTTO
- 1 tbsp vegan butter or olive oil
- 1 bunch of spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 clove garlic. crushed
- 220 g / 1 cup arborio rice
- 120 ml / ½ cup dry white wine
- Approx 600ml / 2 ½ cups vegetable stock
- 80 g / ⅓ cup frozen garden peas
- 100 g wild rocket, washed and torn
- 20 g / ⅓ cup nutritional yeast
- 1-2 tbsp almond milk
- Black pepper, to taste
1. Melt the butter in a large pan and fry the onions and garlic until soft. Add the rice and stir for a minute until well coated.
2. Pour in the white wine and stir until it's cooked off. Then add a ladle full of stock at a time until the rice absorbs it before adding more. Cook for about 25 minutes or until the risotto becomes al dente.
3. Half way through, add the peas and about 5 minutes before the end, add the rocket.
4. When the risotto is perfectly cooked, add the nutritional yeast and almond milk. Stir through and season with black pepper, to taste.
5. Serve and enjoy!